S. Lisowski – Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv.
Considering the importance of the sustainable development principles implementation as a priority task for mankind in the twenty-first century, the factors responsible for particular urgency for Ukraine’s transition to a of sustainable development model have been analyzed. The attention has been emphasized on the importance of social component in sustainable development of the country and its regions. The state of the Rio convention’s provisions implementation into the country’s social policy has been researched. Recommendations for changes in the government regulations presentation directed at fuller Rio conventions’ provisions considerations in the process of the Ukraine’s social development plans implementation have been designed.
Rio-92 conventions, sustainable development, social component
1. Environmental and social consequences of Ukraine's international economic integration; editor S.A. Lisowski (2012); Institute of Geography of Ukraine NAS. Kyiv: Academperiodica. [in Ukrainian].
2. Lisowski S.A. (2009). Society and nature: the balance of interests in Ukraine. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
3. Draft of theUkraine report to the UN Conference on Sustainable (balanced) development Rio + 20. S.A. Lisowski, G.B. Marushevsky, P.G. Pavlichenco, L.G. Rudenko, T.V. Tymochko (2012). Kyiv: Center for Environmental Education and Information. [in Ukrainian].
4. Year 2012 annual Social Report: Ministry of Ukraine Social Policy. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
5. Ukraine: Major trends in society and nature interaction in the twentieth century (geographical aspect); under ed. L.G.Rudenko (2005). Kyiv: Academperiodica. [in Ukrainian].