V. Bondar – Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv.
The key features of the socio-demographic development of small towns in the Kiev suburban area on the example of Bucha - one of the fastest growing urban settlements within metropolitan agglomeration have been studied. The main features of social development (employment, housing, retail, and so on) within the territory of the territory have been identified. The comparative analysis of Bucha’s today demographic processes in the context of Kiev metropolitan agglomeration’s urban settlements has been performed.
metropolitan agglomeration, migration, suburbanization, social infrastructure, the primary housing market, unemployment
1. Baran G. (2013). Modern features socio-demographic processes in the Kiev region and factors of their formation. Economic and Social Geography, 2 (67), 277-288. [in Ukrainian].
2. Bulycheva T.V. (2013). Current demographic processes of the metropolitan area. Geography and Modern time: Coll. Sci. works K.: The NPU after M.P. Dragomanov, 17 (29), 126-133. [in Ukrainian].
3. Gladky O.V., Ishchuk S.I. (2014). Geography of cities. Geourbanistics: textbook; Kyiv Nat. University after T. Shevchenko. K.: PALYVODA A.V. [in Ukrainian].
4. Gukalova I.V. (2009). Quality of life in Ukraine: social and geographical conceptualization: Monograph; Institute of Geography of Ukraine NAS; Resp. ed. L.G. Rudenko. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
5. Mezentsev K.V., Mezentseva N.I., Brade I. (2011). Migration aspects of Ukraine urban regions. Ukraine regional problems: geographical analysis and search for solutions: Coll. Sci. works. Kherson: P.P. Vyshemyrskyy, 205-211. [in Ukrainian].
10. Sereda N.I., Shabashova L.Yb. (2012). Change in population in Kiev region settlements as a factor in regional development. Geography and Modern time: Coll. Sci. works K.: The NPU after M.P. Dragomanov, 16 (28), 217-221. [in Ukrainian].
11. Sologoub Yu.I. (2009). Urban settlement in metropolitan area: socio-geographical study: discourse thesis ... Candidate of Geography Sciences: 11. 00. 02. Kyiv Nat. University after Taras Shevchenko. [in Ukrainian].
12. Statistical Yearbook of the Kiev region for the year 2012; Department of Statistics in the Kiev region; eds. L.P. Visochin. [in Ukrainian].
13. The top 50 best places to live in Ukraine. Weekly Ukrainian national socio-political magazine in Russian language Focus: http://www.focus.ua/ [in Ukrainian].