T. Krishtop – GP «UKRNIPIGRAZHDANSTROY», Kyiv;
V. Nudelman – Kyiv National University of construction and architecture.
The article presents the comparative characteristic of modern Kiev and European capitals. External and internal factors that shape the future of Kiev have been described. Special attention is paid to the scarcity of resources, especially land. The main challenges of development – economic, social, and environmental have been determined. Strategic priorities and mechanisms for achieving a future capital have been formulated.
Capital city’s dominating influence on the territory functional layout organization of Kyiv region has been revealed.
capital city, development factors, conflicts of interests, strategic priorities, territorial belt zoning, Kyiv
1. Bzhezinski Z. (2012). The strategic vision of America and the crisis of global power. Moscow: Astral. [in Russian].
2. Bakeley E. (2002). Planning of local economic development. Lviv: Chronicle. [in Ukrainian].
3. Nudelman V. (2013). Kiev in the framework of the main lines and nodes of urbanization in Europe: scenarios for the future. In the book Ukraine urban space changes. Kiev: Summary, 60-72. [in Russian].
4. Orlovska Yu. (2007). Criteria for sustainable regional development in the formation of the European economic area. In the monograph The European Economic Area. Harmonization of regional contradictions. Institute of Contemporary textbook, 47-61. [in Ukrainian].
5. Pekar V. (2009). Introduction to Economics of impressions. Bulletin of the Ukrainian management club TOP CLUB, 1. . 17-25. [in Russian].
6. Sdvichenko O. (2007). Features of European countries' civilization development and its impact on bilateral relations between Ukraine and the EU. In the monograph The European Economic Area. Harmonization of regional contradictions. Institute of Contemporary textbook, 168-75. [in Ukrainian].
7. Tokyo in 20 years (1972). Moscow: Progress. [in Russian].