G. Pidgrushnyi – Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv;
K. Mezentsev – Kyiv Taras Shevchenko National University.
The essence of the “area attractiveness for human habitat” concept has been developed. The relationship between attractiveness and unattractiveness of the territory and its geographic image formation has been presented. It was found that these images are important factors of the population territorial identity. The results of a student survey from interregional centers of the country - Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv and Donetsk regarding attractiveness and unattractiveness of life in Ukrainian cities and countries around the world.
attractiveness and unattractiveness of the territory for human habitat, geographic images, territorial identity of the population
1. Anderson B. (2001). Imagined Communities. Reflections on the Origin and Spread of Nationalism: Monograph: Tr. from English. Moscow: KANON-press-C. [in Russian].
2. Zamyatin D. (2012). Humanitarian geography of space. Nezavisimaya Gazeta. 28. 11. 2012. [in Russian].
3. Zamyatin N.Yu. (2012). Territorial identity and social structure. Social Sciences and the present, 5, 151 – 163. [in Russian].
4. Krylov M.P. (2010). Regional identity in European Russia: Monograph. Moscow: Novyi chronograph. [in Russian].
5. Mezentsev K.V., Mezentseva N.I. (2007). The territory role in the population self-identification. Economic and Social Geography, Vol. 57, 67-71. [in Ukrainian].
6. Nagorna L.P. (2008). Regional identity: Ukrainian context: Monograph. Kyiv: I.F Kuras IPiEND NAS of Ukraine. [in Ukrainian].
7. Pidhrushnyi G.P., Mezentsev K.V. (2014). Ukraine and world appeal of the territory: Series of maps. Kyiv: DNVP Cartography. [in Ukrainian].