L. Rudenko – Institute of Geography of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv.
The paper characterizes the present stage of social development in the context of interaction between Society and Nature and its consequences. The importance of the right choice in the strategic human development sciences has been highlighted. In that context, the significance and relevance of Academician V.I. Vernadsky teachings about biosphere and noosphere has been emphasized. Noospheric paradigm of human social development has transformed from V. Vernadsky’s ideas through the work of the Rome club’s subsequent international forums into the concept of sustainable (balanced) development, subsequently crystallized in the “Agenda for the XXI century”. The concept of sustainable development has been developed in Ukraine. Its recognition on the state level throughout the whole population and its implementation through the development of the Strategy and National Action Plan is required for their realization considering the creative Vernadsky’s research regarding the noosphere views.
noosphere, interaction, Nature, Society
1. Bagrov N.V. (2010). Sustainable-noosphere development of the region. Problems. Solutions. Simferopol: Dolia Publishing. [In Russian]. [Багров Н.В. Устойчиво-ноосферное развитие региона. Проблемы. Решения. – Симферополь: Издательство «Доля». – 2010. – 208 с.]
5. Losev K.S. (2010). Myths and misconceptions in ecology. Moscow: Nauchnyi mir. [In Russian].
6. Sustainable Development Model for Ukraine: a systematic approach, methodology of transition. (2012). Odessa: UPREED of Ukraine NAS, IG of Ukraine NAS. [In Ukrainian].
7. Scientific basis develop a strategy for sustainable development: Monograph (2012). IPREED of Ukraine NAS, IG of Ukraine NAS, IPPE of Ukraine NAS. Odessa: IPREED of Ukraine NAS. [In Ukrainian].
8. Ukraine: Major society and nature interaction trends in the twentieth century (geographical aspect). Ed. L.G. Rudenko. (2005). Kyiv: Academperiodica. [In Ukrainian]. [Україна: Основні тенденції взаємодії суспільства і природи у ХХ ст. (географічний аспект) / За ред. Л.Г. Руденка. – К.: Академперіодика, 2005. – 320 с.]