L. Rudenko – Institute of Geography, Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv;
I. Savchuk – Institute of Geography, Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv.
The main processes of city network formation and urbanization process development in Ukraine have been analyzed. The leading factors of the country’s city socio-economic condition transformation have been presented. The significance of the cities - centers of inter-regional settlement systems (metropolises) in the settlement system has been shown. Special attention has been paid to the characteristics of Ukraine cities development since the country’s independence. The features of cities’ development - leaders in terms of population growth have been shown.
11. The Ukraine population on January 1, 2011. (2011). Kyiv: State Statistics Committee. [In Ukrainian]. [Чисельність наявного населення Україна на 1 січня 2011 року. – К. : Держкомстат, 2011. – 112 с.]
12. Atlas interactive. Institut national d'études démographiques (France). http://www.ined.fr
13. Quid 2005. Sous la dir. de D. et M. Frémy. (2006). Paris: Robert Laffont.
14. Rio + 20. United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development. Outcome document. A / conf.216 / L.1. [In Russian].
15. Nudelman V.I. (2012). City and business. TOP CLUB JOURNAL, 1. [In Russian].