N. Klyuev – Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences Russia, Moscow.
This article discusses how to transform ecological and economic face of Russia and its regions in the post-Soviet period. The latest trends in environmental management and its territorial organization have been presented. The volumes of subsurface natural material extraction have been calculated on the regional level. It was revealed that the prevalence of the gardening border in agriculture has shifted from dry steppes in the 1980s up to tundra today. As a result, the extent of agricultural impacts on natural systems has changed. The widening gap between diminishing factors of agricultural production (acreage, fertilizers, machinery and livestock) and its relatively stable productivity has been identified. These imbalances lead to the degradation of agricultural landscapes.
Nature, post-Soviet period, environmental assessment, regions, Russia
1. Baklanov P.Ya. (2001). Territorial organization of the economy in a market economy. Geography of Asian Russia at the turn of the century. Irkutsk: IG SB RAS, 134-135. [in Russian].
2. Volkova I.N., Privalovskaia G.A. (2012). The transformation of raw materials specialization of the economy in the context of Russia modernization. Russia and its regions: the integration potential, risks, the ways of transition to sustainable development. Moscow, 170-188. [in Russian].
3. Changes in the environment and climate: natural and related technogenic disasters. (2007) .Moscow: IGEM RAS [in Russian].
4. Kliuiev N.N. (2009). Post-Reform transformation of the Russian regions environmental appearance. Izvestia RGO. Vol. 141. Iss. 3, 1-8. [in Russian].
5. Kliuiev N.N. (2007). Changes in regional economic structures in the post-reform Russia (environmental aspect). Izvestiya RAN Series geogr. 1, 13-23. [in Russian].
6. Koroleva M.V. et al. (2004). Environmental protection activities of prosecutors in the area of environmental protection. Bulletin Use and protection of natural resources in Russia, 6, 28-37. [in Russian].
7. Industry of the RSFSR in 1990 (1991). Rosinformcentr State Statistics Committee of the RSFSR. [in Russian].
8. Ratanova M.P., Bitiukova V.U. (2004) Environmental constraints of the socio-economic space development. Geography of the socio-economic development. Moscow: Gorodets, 593-602. [in Russian].