A. Mozgovyі – Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kiev.
The article reveals the social and geographical characteristics of the urban space development as a complex territorial system. Main contradictions arising in the process of socio-economic, territorial, demographic and functional city development, leading to conflict interaction potential build-up have been highlighted. The urban space conflictogenity definition and main approaches to its socio-geographical study has been presented.
city, urban space, urban development, conflict, conflictogenity
1. The future, we want. The UN General Assembly Resolution 66/288. NY: UN Distr.: General. 11.09.2012: http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/ doc/UNDOC/ GEN/ N11/ 476/12/PDF/ N1147612. pdf?OpenElement
2. World Encyclopedia. Philosophy (2001). Moscow: AST. [in Russian].
3. Gukalova I.V. (2009). Quality of life in Ukraine: social and geographical conceptualization. Kyiv: SE Publishing of Ukraine MIA. [in Ukrainian].
4. Dronova O.L. (2011). Risk Factors of the technogenic emergencies in Ukraine. Kyiv: Institute of Geography of Ukraine NAS. [in Ukrainian].
5. Johannesburg Declaration on sustainable development: http://www.un.org/ru/ documents/decl_conv/ declarations/decl_ wssd.shtml
6. Model of Sustainable Development for Ukraine: systematic approach, methodology of transfer (2012). Odessa.: UPREED of Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, IG of Ukraine NAS. [in Ukrainian].
11. Implementation Plan of the World Summit on Sustainable Development. A CONF. 19920: http://www.un.org/russian/ conferen/wssd/docs/plan_wssd.pdf
12. XXI century Agenda. Chapter 7: Promoting sustainable development of human settlements: http://www.un.org/ru/ documents/decl_conv/conventions/agenda21_ch7.shtml
13. Draft of the presentation to the UN Conference on Sustainable (balanced) development Rio +20. S.A. Lisowski, G.B. Marushevsky, P.G. Pavlychenko, L.G. Rudenko, T.V. Tymochko (2012). Kyiv: Center for Environmental Education and Information. [in Ukrainian].
14. On the concept of human settlements sustainable development: Resolution of the Ukraine Verkhovna Rada (2000). Ukraine Official Bulletin,1, 29-40. [in Ukrainian].
15. Rudenko L.G., Maruniak Eu.O. (2011). Modern spatial research: challenges and answers. Ukrainian Geographical Journal, 3, 38-41. [in Ukrainian].
16. Rudenko L.G. (2013). Noosphere philosophy of V.I. Vernadsky - the foundation of sustainable (balanced) global development. Ukrainian Geographical Journal, 2, 7-12. [in Ukrainian]. http://dx.doi.org/10.15407/ugz2013.02.007
18. Ukraine: main trends in society and nature interaction in the twentieth century. (geographical aspect). Under ed. of L.G. Rudenko (2005). Ukraine National Academy of Sciences. Institute of Geography. Kyiv: Academperiodica. [in Ukrainian].
19. Philosophic Encyclopedic Dictionary. Under ed. of V.I. Shynkaruk (2002). Philosophy Institute after G.S. Skovoroda Ukraine National Academy of Sciences. Kyiv: Abrys. [in Ukrainian].
20. Population of Ukraine on 1 January, 2012. Ukraine State Statistics Service. Kyiv: Information and Publishing Center of Ukraine State Statistics Service.
21. Shtadelbauer Joerg (2007). Megacities as conflictogenic areas. Global city: theory and reality. Under ed. N.A. Sluka. Moscow: Avanglion LLP, 66-78. [in Russian].
22. Boulding K.E. (1962). Conflict and defense: a general theory. New York: Harper & Brothers.