K. Didenko – Kyiv University of Tourism, Economics and Law.
The article discusses the role and place of Ukraine’s historic settlements as a resource of domestic tourism development. The prospects of their potential use in the tourism sector have been analyzed. The specifics of development construction and spatial organization in historic towns when forming them as the tourist attraction centers has been looked into. The system of necessary measures which should be implemented for further tourism development in historic cities have been characterized.
historic towns and settlements, cultural and historical heritage, domestic tourism, tourism potential
1. Vedenin Y.A. (2004). Fundamentals of geographical approach to cultural heritage study and preservation. Heritage and our time. Informative collection, Vol. 12. Moscow: Institute of Heritage, 5-10. [in Russian].
2. Gorbik V.O., Kot S.I. (1990). On the coverage of historic towns and villages in the Code of history and culture landmarks. Research of Ukraine small and medium-sized cities history in the context of further development of the historical regional studies. Chernihiv, 53-62. [in Ukrainian].
3. Polivach K.A. (2012). Cultural heritage and its impact on Ukraine regional development; scientific editor L.G. Rudenko. Kyiv: Institute of Geography of Ukraine NAS. [in Ukrainian].
4. Savostina L.Ye. (2012). Procedure for registration of cultural heritage real estate objects. Realities and prospects. Works of the monuments protection Research Institute. Vol. 7. Kyiv: Phoenix, 322-335. [in Ukrainian].
7. Suschynskaya M.D. (2010). Cultural tourism: Textbook. St. Petersburg.: Ed. SPbGUEF. [in Russian].
8. Shevtsova A.O. (2014). Creative strategies for urban development: the concept essence and approaches to its understanding. Ukrainian Geographical Journal, 2, 39-43. [in Ukrainian]. http://dx.doi.org/10.15407/ugz2014.02.039