M.Ye. Barshchevskyi - Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv;
S.V. Zhylkin - Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv.
This article briefly describes geomorphological, paleogeomorphological features, geological structure and neo-tectonic conditions in the Right-bank alluvial deposits of ilmenite. Geomorphological map of the territory, which highlights the main genetic types and forms of relief - ice, water-ice, fluvial and others has been created. Comparison of genetic relief types with the spread of genetic types of alluvial ilmenite deposits has been performed. Total amplitude of neotectonic crustal movements in the area and the value of early quaternary erosive insert has been calculated. The correlations of geomorphological and neotectonic conditions with formation and preservation of variously aged genetic types alluvial ilmenite deposits have been established.
alluvial deposits, ilmenite, genetic types of relief, genetic types of alluviums, tectonic movements
1. Barschevskyi N.Ye. (1993). Relief of the Kiev Dnieper region. Kiev: Naukova Dumka. [in Russian].
2. Veklich M.F. (1956). History of development and formation of ilmenite alluvial deposits in the Irsha river basin. Materials on the geology and mineralogy of the Ukrainian SSR alluvial deposits. Sel.2. Kiev: Ukrainian SSR Academy of Sciences publishing. [in Russian].
3. Veklich M.F. (1957). Genetic types and stratigraphy of ilmenite alluvial deposits in Volyn gabbro-labradorite massif district. Reports of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, 4, 391-393. [in Ukrainian].
4. Veklich M.F. (1968). Distribution, genetic types, conditions and main stages of placers and alluvial deposits formation. Titanium and titanium-zirconium placers in Ukrainian SSR. Kiev: Ukrainian SSR Academy of Sciences Publishing House, Ministry of Geology of the Ukrainian SSR, 101-177. [in Russian].
5. Map of the Ukrainian shield fault-block tectonics. Scale 1: 1,000,000. Ed. G.I.Kaliaev (1984). Kiev: the Ukrainian SSR Ministry of Geology. [in Russian].
6. Gurvich S.I., Romodanova A.P., Khatuntseva A.Ya. (1960). Basic patterns of rare metal and titanium alluvial deposits distribution in the northern outskirts of the Ukrainian crystalline shield (Ubort river basin.). Patterns of mineral resources distribution. IV. Placers. State literature on mining science and technology publishing house, 107-111. [in Russian].
7. Paliienko V.P. (1992). The modern geodynamics and its reflection in the landscape of Ukraine. Kiev: Naukova Dumka. [in Russian].
8. Veklich M.F., Diadchenko M.G., Tsymbal S.N. (1976). Ukrainian crystalline shield, the Dnieper-Donets and Black Sea basin depressions. Alluvial titanium deposits in USSR. Moscow: Nedra. [in Russian].