L.H. Rudenko - Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv;
A.I. Bochkovska - Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv;
S.O. Zapadniuk - Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv;
K.A. Polyvach - Institute of Geography of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv.
During the 2009-2014 at the Institute of Geography of Ukraine NAS for the first time in the history of country the Atlas of natural, technogenic and social emergency hazards was created in Ukraine. The purpose of the Atlas is to provide regional analysis of potential hazards and risks on the territory of the country. 143 of the Atlas maps are structured in 5 sections: Introduction; Prerequisites for potential emergency sources; Dangers of possible deterioration in the living conditions of population and enterprises; Emergency situations in Ukraine; Prevention of emergency situations. Atlas Maps presented in electronic form on the master disk in SWF (Adobe Flash) format. Ukraine National Atlas electronic version technology was used to create the Atlas. Tasks which can be addressed using the created Atlas have been outlined.
emergencies, natural, technogenic and social hazards, electronic atlas
1. State Emergency Classifier (DK 019-2001). (2002). Kyiv: State Standard of Ukraine. [in Ukrainian].
2. Dronova O.L. (2011). Risk Factors of man-made emergencies in Ukraine: monograph; Ed. P.H. Shyshchenko. Kyiv: Institute of Geography of Ukraine NAS. [in Ukrainian].
3. Rudenko L.H., Dronova O.L., Liashenko D.O., Putrenko V.V., Chabaniuk V.S. (2010). The concept of the natural, technogenic, social hazards and risks of emergencies in Ukraine Atlas creation. Kyiv: Institute of Geography of Ukraine NAS. [in Ukrainian].
4. The National Report on the State of Technogenic and Natural Safety in Ukraine in 2012. (2013). Kyiv: Publishing House KIM. [in Ukrainian].
5. National Atlas of Ukraine (2007). Kyiv: SSPE Cartography. [in Ukrainian].
6. Rudenko L.H., Bochkovska A.I., Kozachenko T.I., Parkhomenko H.O., Razov V.P., Liashenko D.O., Chabaniuk V.S. Ed. L.H.Rudenko (2007). National Atlas of Ukraine. Scientific grounds for its creation and their implementation. Kyiv: Academperiodica. [in Ukrainian].
7. On National Security fundamentals: Law of Ukraine of 09.06.2003 # 964-IV (2003). Ukraine Official Bulletin, 29, 38, Article 1433. [in Ukrainian].
8. Spontaneous meteorological phenomena in Ukraine for the last twenty years (1986-2005). Ed. V.M. Lipinskyi, V.I. Osadchyi, V.M.Babichenko (2006). Kyiv: Nika-Center. [in Ukrainian].