L.O. Gorbachova - Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Institute of State Service of Emergencies of Ukraine and of the Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv.
Hydrological studies of rivers almost always require to know the water flow distribution throughout the year. Basics information on intra-annual distribution of Ukraine’s rivers water flow received in the twentieth century usually used very short series of observations. Since then there has been no updates on both information and approaches to study of intra-annual rivers water flow distribution. This article has explored intra-annual distribution of Ukraine’s rivers water flow using data for the entire observation period and subject to cyclical fluctuations in water flow. Received 10 new schemes intra-annual distribution of Ukraine’s rivers water runoff, and also the timing and durations of hydrological seasons have been determined. Zoning of Ukraine’s rivers catchments based on modern types of intra-annual water runoff distribution and using GIS MapInfo has been completed.
intra-annual distribution of water runoff, cyclical fluctuations, the average water consumption, Hydrological zoning
1. Grebin V.V. (2010). The current water regime of Ukraine's rivers (landscape-hydrological analysis). Kyiv: Nika - Center. [in Ukrainian].
2. Grebin V.V., Obodovskyi O.G. (2003). Patterns in intra-annual water runoff distribution and characteristics of the upper Pripyat river basin water inflows. Hydrology, hydrochemistry and hydro ecology. Vol. 5, 119-128. [in Ukrainian].
4. Gorbacheva L.O., Vasilieva O.S. (2013). The timing and duration of water resources management year periods and seasons in the basin of the Southern Bug River. Scientific works UkrNDGMI. Vol. 265, 39-45. [in Ukrainian].
5. Zhelezniak Y.A. (1959). Intra-annual distribution of Ukraine's rivers runoff. Kyiv: AS of UkrSSR. [in Ukrainian].
6. Zhelezniak I.A., Podolskaya I.Ya. (1982). Intra-annual allocation of Ukraine and Moldova small rivers runoff, Works of UkrNIGMI. Vol. 190, 91-102. [in Russian].
7. General hydrology: textbook. Ed. V.K. Khilchevskyi, O.G. Obodovsky, V.V. Grebin et al. (2008). Kyiv: Kyiv University. [in Ukrainian].
8. Zankevych D.L., Romanovskyi Ch.A. (2012). Distribution of intra-annual and dynamics of the Neman river tributaries multi-year runoff. Proceedings of the International Students and Young Scientists Conference Today's problems of modern hydrometeorology. Odessa: Tes, 78-79. [in Russian].
9. Guidelines for the assessment of uniformity of hydrological characteristics and the definition of their calculated values by heterogeneous data (2010). GU GGI, 39-40. [in Russian].
10. Resources of the surface water in USSR. Ukraine and Moldova. Western Ukraine and Moldova. Ed. M.S. Kaganer (1969). Lenyngrad: Gidrometeoizdat. Vol 6. Iss. 1, 884. [in Russian].
11. Kholodenko V.S. (2011). The analysis of established environmentally acceptable amounts of water intake from rivers (on the Ukraine's Pripyat Polissia example). Journal of Dnepropetrovsk State Agrarian University. Agricultural melioration series, 1, 92-95. [in Ukrainian].